2012 Federal Employee Viewpoint Survey
During April of 2012, the Postal Regulatory Commission (PRC) participated in the Federal Employee Viewpoint Survey (FEVS), a tool that measures employees' perceptions of whether, and to what extent, conditions that characterize successful organizations are present in their agencies.
We are extremely proud that our response rate of 89% this year is an improvement over our response rate of 80% last year and the 2012 government-wide response rate of 46%. In addition, the PRC achieved the third highest response rate of all small agencies. The results of the survey are attached along with the FEVS 2012 Index Reports that benchmark the Commission to other small agencies.
The FY 2012 Employee Viewpoint Survey revealed that:
- Employee Engagement Index positive responses were 73% compared to 66% for all small agencies
- Leaders Lead Index positive responses were 61% compared to 54% for all small agencies
- Supervisor Index positive responses were 77% compared to 73% for all small agencies
- Intrinsic Work Experience Index positive responses were 81% compared to 71% for all small agencies
- Leadership and Knowledge Management Index positive responses were 65% compared to 60% for all small agencies
- Results Oriented Performance Culture Index positive responses were 65% compared to 57% for all small agencies
- Talent Management index positive responses were 70% compared to 61% for all small agencies
- Job Satisfaction positive Index responses were 64% compared to 65% for all small agencies
The attached file shows the results of the 2012 survey.
Federal Employee Viewpoint Survey